In partnership with Equity Agenda, we launched the Women Mayors Network during the Winter 2020 Policy Meeting. The Network continues to meet remotely both for conversations facilitated by the Mayors Innovation Project and Equity Agenda, as well as informally for events hosted by members.
We invite woman-identified mayors to join us and be connected to other women mayors across the country.
Why a Network for Women Mayors?
Women mayors within our network have consistently expressed the need for a space where they can speak candidly, learn from each other, and gain the skills necessary to succeed amidst the challenges that sexism creates for all women, but in particular for women in leadership roles. We are excited to offer a space for mayors who identify as women to connect with each other.
The Women Mayors Network provides women mayors with the opportunity to:
- Explore the context and issues that affect the success of women mayors in their roles, with an initial focus on the specific experience of women in executive leadership (as opposed to more legislative roles).
- Prioritize equity, representation, and intersectionality and understand how gender and race can be explored together.
- Provide vetted high road policy options around intersectional/gender equity for all MIP members.
- Inform the broader MIP membership network by providing resources to allies to help them interrupt sexism and racism, address equity concerns and support their colleagues’ leadership.
In June, the Women Mayors Network hosted a briefing with White House leaders on gender and domestic policies. Recognizing the key role mayors play in advancing policy priorities locally, the White House Office of Intergovernmental …July 21, 2021
Illuminating Financial Trends: A Training for Mayors Wednesday, July 21 9am PST/10am MST/11am CST/12pm EST This training is specifically framed and created for mayors, but we also welcome finance directors and mayors’ chiefs of staff. …June 16, 2021
In January, we celebrated one year since the launch of the Women Mayors Network. In close partnership with Equity Agenda, this project advances our work to build and sustain peer networks and to provide new …February 2, 2021
Join us on December 4 for a session to understand the threats, highest areas of exposure, and key steps to protecting your personal information online.November 6, 2020
Thank you to the more than 90 mayors and civic leaders who joined us in Washington, DC for a packed day and a half of inspiring ideas and thought-provoking discussion. We hope you left with …January 28, 2020
- More Women Mayors Network posts