Now Hiring: COWS Administrative Support
Deadline: April 21, 2021
Based at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, COWS is a national think-and-do tank that promotes “high road” solutions to social problems. These treat shared growth and opportunity, environmental sustainability, and resilient democratic institutions as necessary and achievable complements in human development. COWS is nonpartisan but values-based. We seek a world of equal opportunity and security for all. Housed within COWS, the Mayors Innovation Project (MIP) seeks to foster peer exchange and cultivate leadership among mayors and cities to create more equitable, sustainable, and democratically engaged cities.
We are seeking students to provide research, writing, and administrative support, with the opportunity to work on additional projects as available. These duties may include policy research, data collection and entry, updating websites, social media posting, phone calls to event invitees, or other administrative tasks. This position will be remote until there is a safe return to campus offices.
Full description is available here.
- Experience working independently on administrative work in an office environment required (either volunteer or paid experience).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A pleasant, professional attitude, flexible schedule, and positive work ethic, especially to learn quickly, needed.
- Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Preferred experience includes any of the following:
- Word Press
- Managing organizational social media accounts
- Graphic design or editing (Adobe InDesign)
- Experience with phone calling in professional settings
- Data entry
- Video/Photo Editing (Adobe Premiere or Photoshop)
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Based at the University of Wisconsin, we believe that diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals. The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background – people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.